I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award!
Victoria Grefer of the blog, Creative Writing of the Crimson League, nominated me Thursday along with 10 other bloggers. Basically, it is like playing tag where the person nominated must give 11 facts about themselves and answer the 11 questions given to them.
For those of you who do not know, the Liebster Blog Award originated supposedly 2 years ago by a German blogger (“Liebster” means “dearest” in German).
So here goes!
11 questions about moi:
- What is your most embarrassing story? I have a lot, so I don’t know where to start! 🙂
- What’s the grossest thing you’ve ever eaten? I love sushi, but this one place I bought some from made it taste like plastic.
- If you’re an author, who is your favorite character you’ve written about? Why? (Yes, that’s considered one question – get over it.) If you’re not an author, who is your favorite character to read about? (Author & book for that character) and why? Well, I’ve only written one book. But I like Samantha DiCarlo, who is the friend/roommate of the protagonist in my novel, “The Dark Proposal”. Samantha is outspoken and doesn’t take crap from anyone, which is awesome.
- What is your favorite book series? The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, though Jacqueline Carey’s Kushiel’s Dart books are amazing.
- Do you prefer salty or sweet? Sweet!
- e-book or printed book? Printed 🙂
- Biggest celebrity crush? I guess like so many women, Johnny Depp!
- What is your all time favorite movie? The Lord of the Rings
- Who is your favorite artist/band? U2
- Are you a Black Friday shopper? Oh heck no!
- What is your favorite type of hero to write/read about? Someone who gains strength or personal growth after facing adversity.
Here are the 11 facts about me:
1) I share a birthday with Johnny Depp, which makes me like him more!
2) I used to have a fashion blog. Well, I still do, but I hardly work on it anymore. Its just me posting dresses and gowns, oohing and ahhing at them
3) I enjoy non-fiction books as well as fiction. My favorite topics are history, religion and spirituality, and current events.
4) If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be in Ireland. Being of Irish descent, I’m naturally drawn to there.
5) My favorite workouts are the type that challenge me physically – such as yoga and Pilates.
6) I have been journaling non-stop since I was 12. I’m currently on my 19th journal.
7) If I were any good at learning languages, I would learn French and Russian, and maybe Mandarin Chinese.
8) As a child, I loved reading The Baby Sitters Club series! My favorite was Dawn.
9) At one point as a kid, I wanted to be a gymnastics photographer. I used to tape a lot of competitions and spend a lot of time pausing each routine to see what the gymnast would look like mid-air.
10) I have a low tolerance for arrogance. It is my least favorite trait in anyone.
11) I once met U2’s Bono! It was in March 2009 outside of the Ed Sullivan Theater where the band was performing on the David Letterman Show. I was one of many in a crowd and Bono was signing as many CDs as he could, but he got mine!
Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award. I know I’m supposed to tag 11 bloggers, but most of those I follow are guys and I don’t think many would like me doing this to them!